“Quel(s) écosystème(s) d’affaires pour un entrepreneuriat innovant et durable au Maroc?”
Based on foreign and national experiences, this symposium aims to focus on the contribution of business ecosystems in promoting innovative and sustainable entrepreneurship in Morocco.
It is also intended, in an extensive position, to be an opportunity to launch debates and exchanges between practitioners, researchers and decision-makers on topics related to entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainable development.
Deadline for papers: 6 September 2018
Notification for participants: 20 September 2018
More details: https://calenda.org/442668 (French)
First International Congress on Ottoman Studies was held between 14–17 October 2015 in Sakarya, Turkey. As a follow-up, the 2nd International Congress on Ottoman Studies will be held in cooperation with the Turkish Historical Society (TTK), between 17–20 October in Tirana, Albania, where Tirana University will be the host of the event. Further details will be announced soon.
The languages of presentations are going to be in Turkish, English and Albanian.
- Religion & Society
- Politics & Law
- Military & War
- International Relations & Diplomacy
- History, Culture & Arts
- Science, Technology & Thought
The fee covers accommodation, lunch, refreshments, gala dinner, congress kit, program book, etc.
This one day multi-disciplinary symposium will bring together scholars and students to address various topics related to slavery and liberation. The symposium also proffers new research approaches and methodologies.
Papers on the following general themes are currently being accepted:
- Slavery, abolition, liberation
- Islamic law and slavery
- Colonialism and its legacy
- Racism and discrimination
- Justice and human rights
- Culture and arts
- Economic empowerment
Please send your abstract (maximum 300 words), including a title, together with a brief CV and biography to Professor Behnaz Mirzai at email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions for the “2nd International Congress of Ottoman Studies” (OSARK) has been extended till May 15, 2018.
The Istituto Affari Internazionali is holding a conference on “Re-Ordering the Middle East? Peoples, Borders and States in Flux” on 18 July 2016.
Das Programm: Continue reading
The University of Gdánsk is holding a conference on Contemporary Arab and Muslim World in the International Relations from 13-14 October 2016. The programme will be added, as soon as it is available.
Core Topics are (from the website)
The conference will address four major dimensions of international relations in the Arab and Muslim World: Politics, Economy, Law, and Culture:
- Politics (including: cooperation and contention in the Middle East and Muslim World (MENA) region; ideology and sectarianism in the Middle East and Muslim World; attitude of particular countries towards Islamic State, foreign policy of the Arab and Muslim states)
- Economy (including: economic cooperation and integration; economic dilemmas in the internal policy of the Arab and Muslim states and in the international relations within this area; financial markets, Islamic banking and finance; business opportunities)
- Law (including: the legal systems of the Arab and Muslim states, Sharia Law dilemmas, legal customs in the Arab and Muslim world)
- Culture (including: inter-social relations, religious customs in politics, economy and family life).
The conference program will include also a special panel on investment strategies and opportunities in the Arab and Muslim countries.