Our range of subjects and our service focus regionally and thematically overlap with other Specialised Information Services (FID).
Islam or the Christian Oriental churches, for example, are global phenomena. It goes far beyond our profile to provide all material to study them. Many researchers also focus on interdisciplinary or trans-regional issues. Therefore they should also benefit from the services of related FIDs.
In order to manage user requirements in the best possible way and to avoid gaps in supply, we made arrangements and cooperation agreements with regional and thematic FIDs.
Particularly noteworthy is the Asia Network, in which the Asia-related FIDs coordinate their services and thus support Asian Studies in its entirety.
Here you will find a list of these Specialised Information Services including the most important intersections.
Specialised Information Service Jewish Studies
- Middle East Conflict
- Jewish life in the MENA region
- Semitic Studies
Specialised Information Service African Studies
- Islam in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Horn of Africa
Specialised Information Service Asia
- Islam in East Asia and South East Asia
- Muslim Turkic peoples in China
- Islam in South Asia
Specialised Information Service Russian, East and Southeast European Studies
- Islam in the Balkans
- Caucasian studies (North Caucasian peoples and languages)
- Islam in Russia (Muslim Turkic peoples of the Russian Federation)
- Central Asia
Specialised Information Service Central Asia
Specialised Information Service Classics
- Ancient Iranian Studies
- Ancient Oriental Studies (excavation reports, archaeological publications from the MENA region)
Specialised Information Service History
- History of the Middle East and North Africa
- History of Religion
Specialised Information Service Religious Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Islamic Theology
- Oriental Christianity