The University of Manitoba is holding a workshop on ‘A Century of Youth Engaging Politics in the Arab World‘ from 16-18 May 2017. The Call for Papers is open until 23 September 2016.
Core topics are:
• National or trans-national case studies of the political significance of a specific youth movement.
• Discourse of youth engagement in politics and the uses of such discourse.
• Tactics of mobilization and recruitment, including outreach and forms of wider community engagement.
• Political opposition and competition between different youth communities
• Positioning in opposition to a generational “other”
• The role of trans-national networks and migration patterns in youth mobilization