The CEI-IUL is holding a conference on ‘Five years during and more: activisms in North Africa after the 2011 uprisings‘ from 12-13 January 2017. The programme will be added as soon as it is available.
The Orient-Institut Beirut is holding a conference on the 29 July 2016 on “Rethinking Social Movements in the Digital Age: Activism, Dissent and Rebellion in the Post-Arab Spring”. The Call for Proposals is open until 8 May 2016.
There will be a Workshop on “Security & Stability in the Mediterranean and the Middle East” from 26-28 May 2016, organized by the Institute of International Economic Relations.
Core Topics (from the Call for Papers)
“1. Security in the Mediterranean and the Broader Middle East: Problems and Prospects of the South
- The unknown future of Syria
- Iran and Turkey the Middle East: New challenges ahead
- Perspectives on the Israeli –Palestinian conflict
- State and Society in the Middle East: The challenge of the Arab Spring
- Islam and democracy in Arab states
- Economic security and change in the Middle East states
- The United States and Russia as third actors in the Middle East and the Mediterranean
- The International Political Economy of energy security in the Eastern Mediterranean.
2. Migration and Human Security in the Mediterranean and the Middle East
- The political and economic consequences of the refugee crisis
- Problems and prospects for migration in the Mediterranean region
- Irregular migration, state security and human security in the Mediterranean
- Migration, human security and foreign policy
- EU Security and migration policies in the Mediterranean
- Poverty as a major challenge to human security in the Mediterranean area
- Human security and climate change in the Mediterranean
- Parliamentary diplomacy in the Mediterranean: the case of Responsibility to Protect (R2P).
3. The present and future of Euro-Mediterranean relations
- Development and evaluation for the Union for Mediterranean
- Prospects of regional and sub- regional cooperation in the Mediterranean area
- The Europeanisation process of Third Mediterranean Countries
- The European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) five years since the beginning of the Arab Spring and its review
- Normative Power Europe and the Mediterranean
- Trade relations between Mediterranean EU countries and other Mediterranean states
- The consequences of the economic crisis for the process of EU- Mediterranean relations
- Cultural Dialogue in the Mediterranean and the role of the EU.”