Digital archiving in the Arab world acts as a major channel of knowledge transmission in the present day. As the practice grows, new archival challenges emerge and act as a catalyst for innovation and development of new technologies.
The International Digital Archiving Conference in the Arab World is to be held in Abu Dhabi, October 26 – 27, 2019. It is the first Digital Archiving conference to be organized by the CEDEJ, Egypt (Centre D’etudes Et De Documentation Économiques, Juridiques Et Sociales) in collaboration with Bibliotheca Alexandrina and CEFAS (Centre Français d’Archéologie et de Sciences Sociales).
The conference’s aim is to provide an exploratory gateway of the fast-growing interdisciplinary field of digital archiving in the Arab world.
Deadline for Abstract Submission (Papers Only): April 30, 2019, 23:59 (UTC+02:00)
The CNMS in Marburg is having an Academic Dialog between Jun.-Prof. Dr. Manja Stephan-Emmeric and Dr. Ayse Cavdar ‘Religion and Place Making‘ on religion and place making with the regional focus on Tadjikistan/Emirates and Turkey/Germany on 17 January 2017 from 18:15-20:00.
The Arab Center for Research & Policy Studies is holding the conference “China and the Arabs” from May 21-22 2016.
- Historical and Cultural Aspects of Sino-Arab Relations, reciprocal stereotypes
- Sino-Arab Relations during the Cold War
- Sino-Arab Relations in Contemporary Global and Regional Contexts
- Questions of Energy: Pipelines and Transit
- The Belt and Road: Opportunities and Challenges
- Chinese Relations with the United States and India on the World Stage: Repercussions for Arab Causes
- Chinese Relations with Iran, Turkey, and Israel on the Regional Stage: Repercussions for Arab Causes