We offer worldwide free access to a large number of digital sources and publications relating to the MENA region and Islam via the MENAdoc portal.
Here you will find classics of Oriental Studies as well as current scientific publications that you can read in Open Access or save as PDF files.
All titles are provided with a permanent link and can therefore be referenced on a long-term basis. They are also listed in interregional catalogues.
Over the next few months, the repository will gradually be given a new technical infrastructure. In the future, the entire inventory will be switched to Share_it – our instance of the free document server DSpace.
The FID cooperates with various publishers to digitize literature related to the MENA region and on Islam to make it available in open access.
Orient-Institut Beirut (OIB)
Series by the OIB on MENAdoc:
Orient-Institut Istanbul (OII)
Series by the OII on MENAdoc:
Isis Press Istanbul
We have started with the digitization of Isis series such as Analecta Isisiana, VariaTurcica, Les cahiers du Bosphore and others from 1985 – 2005.
Merian Center for Advanced Studies in the Maghreb
The MECAM Papers published by MECAM are made available as digital open access publications in three languages each (English, French & Arabic) in our subject repository.
Diskussionspapiere — Wirtschaft, Gesellschaft und Geographie im Vorderen Orient
The Diskussionspapiere – Wirtschaft, Gesellschaft und Geographie im Vorderen Orient edited by Steffen Wippel are made available as digital open access first publications in our subject repository.
Other major activities include the digitisation of out-of-print but still research-relevant German secondary literature up until 1966 and the secondary publication of recent specialist articles from journals and collective works.
- moreRelevant Texts on the Middle East and on Islam Since 2016, the FID offers researchers within the field of MENA studies the possibility to publish their texts as digital primary or secondary publications on MENAdoc ...
- morePublication in Open Access On these regularly updated pages you will find all researchers who have made their publications available to MENAdoc for secondary publication in open access. ...
- moreSorry, this entry is only available in German. ...
News about MENAdoc
- moreImportant Work of Reference The dictionary of the Armenian language "Baṙgirk' haykazean lezowi" by Mechitar of Sebaste is a fundamental monument of Armenian philology. ...
- moreThe Orientalist Torsten Wollina reviewed our open access collection MENAdoc for the online magazine HAZINE. Titled "Yes, you should use MENAdoc and here's why and how", he describes in detail what the repository has to offer to the international academic community. ...
- moreImperial Norms and Local Realities: The Ottoman Municipal Laws and the Municipality of Beirut (1860-1908) Volume 105 of the Beiruter Texte und Studien ...