Kitāb an-Naǧāt (The Book of Salvation) is the oldest book in Arabic in our open access collection MENAdoc. It was printed in 1593 and written by the Persian philosopher Avicenna (c. 980 – June 1037). He was also a physician, physicist, philosopher, poet, lawyer, mathematician, astronomer, alchemist and music theorist. Continue reading
- 25. June - 28. June at King’s College London, Department of Middle Eastern Studies
- 28. June - 30. June at Centro Hotel Bristol in Bonn
- 5. July - 7. July at Université de Strasbourg
- 9. July - 11. July at University of Oxford, Oriental Institute
- 12. July - 14. July at University of Oxford, Oriental Institute
- 16. July - 18. July at University of Oxford, Oriental Institute
The deadline for submissions for the “2nd International Congress of Ottoman Studies” (OSARK) has been extended till May 15, 2018.
A blog of the IT-Service-Center at the MLU
This website is a blog hosted by IT-Service-Center of the Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg.