1) We are glad to announce that our brand new MENALIB website is available beginning today and offers a lot of new features:
MENALIB continuously leads to and informs about
- Information about ongoing projects, conferences, digital humanities projects in relation to the Middle East and Islamic studies
- Access to catalogues with rich collections in the fields of Oriental studies
- Specialised tutorials and assistance for using our rich collections
- New Acquisitions in the fields of Islamic and Area Studies as well as MENA Linguistics
- Through its repository MENAdoc access to Open Access Publications
- MENAdoc Open Access Self-Publishing (in a few days)
We strongly encourage you to send your infos on conferences, workshops, exhibitions, announcements and other events or projects (e.g. papers and presentations).
2) 49 volumes of the series “Beiruter Texte und Studien” published by the Orient-Institut Beirut (OIB) are available open access on our repository MENAdoc.
3) MENALIB goes Twitter: Starting April 2016 MENALIB informs about new developments in the field of Middle East and Islamic studies via Twitter