The SWP Berlin is offering two Fellowships as Post-Docs and Researchers on Turkey. Application is possible until 3 October 2017.
You can find the full application here:
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
for the IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellowship Program 2017/2018 at SWP Berlin
German-Turkish relations are of key importance to the future of both countries in a united Europe. On the basis of this conviction, the Istanbul Policy Center (IPC) at Sabanci University and Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP) with the support of Stiftung Mercator foundation have established a partnership in the field of academic promotion in order to consolidate and expand German-Turkish and Turkish-European relations in a sustainable manner.
Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP), the German Institute for International and Security Affairs in Berlin is awarding two fellowships to post-doctoral students and experienced researchers from Turkey.
Extensive research experience and significant publications are required. The aim is to execute an independent research project within the context of the fellowship, this in close collaboration with SWP colleagues. Research results will appear in the form of peer-reviewed SWP publications. The working languages are English and/or German.
Relevant research fields include European-Turkish relations, Turkish domestic policy, Turkish foreign and security policy and climate change in a European-Turkish context.
Fellowships will be granted for a period of twelve months (January – December 2018). Unless the fellows are required to travel to complete their individual projects, they are encouraged to be physically present in Berlin for the duration of their fellowship. Fellows will receive a monthly grant of € 2,800.00 net and an additional budget for research trips.
All applications must be submitted in the form of a single PDF document and must contain the following documents in English:
- A cover letter;
- A CV including a list of academic publications;
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and/or diplomas (no translations needed);
- A written proposal containing the description of the applicant’s project. This proposal must include:
- Discussion of the research/project topic, relevant research questions/project objectives and an explanation of the academic and political relevance of the project;
- An overview of the state of research in the field;
- An overview of the theoretical and methodological approaches to be applied in the project (if relevant);
- A bibliography.
- The proposal should not exceed five pages (2 cm margin, 1.5 spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font).
IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellows will be selected by a jury of experts. In choosing applicants, the jury will place particular emphasis on the following criteria:
- Academic and professional merit based on the applicant’s publications and work experience;
- Academic and political relevance of the applicant’s project to the relevant research fields;
- Coherence and feasibility of the applicant’s project;
- Value of the project’s public outreach dimension;
The deadline for 2017/18 fellowship applications is 3rd October 2017. Please send your complete application by email to:
Ms. Tannas Michel, IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellowship Coordinator
Tel.: +49 30 88 007 333
All applicants will receive a notice of receipt by email. Applicants are responsible for submitting complete applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For further details, please see the IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellowship Program website: https://www.swp-berlin.org/en/projects/turkey-in-the-international-system/introduction/