- This event has passed.
Workshop: “Professional Mobility in the Islamic Lands (900-1600): ʿulamāʾ, udabāʾ, and Administrators”
21. March 2019 - 22. March 2019
This workshop is interested in papers that consider the following questions:
- How and when did the madrasas start producing bureaucrats?
- What did getting close to political authority entail for the ʿulamāʾ?
- How did offers for higher appointments travel in Islamic lands?
- How did the competition between ruling elites and households impact this professional mobility?
Deadline for abstracts: 15 September 2018 (300 words or less)