The ZMO is holding a conference on ‘‘New Man’ in Africa, Asia and the Middle East: Practices, Networks and Mobilization, c. 1910-1960‘ from 27-29 September 2017. The Call for Papers is open until 15 January 2017. The programme will be added as soon as it is available.
Core topics are:
- Youth movements as the avant-garde: children and young people in projects of social engineering
- A (non-)gendered being? New Women and New Men
- The body as a revolutionary site: physical culture and sports
- Educational initiatives, political training and cadre schools to mold the minds of (Wo)Man
- The ‘New Man’ builds the nation: development projects and civil society
- The ‘New Man’ in translocal perspective: knowledge and practice transfer (South-South, and North-South)