Tuesday 6 September 2016
- 5:00 PM: Conference Opening Event
- 5:45 PM: Inaugural Conference: “ISLAM , THE DEMOCRATIC STANDARD AND RELIGIOUS RADICALISM”
Speaker: Yadh Ben Achour – Tunisian lawyer specialised in Islamic political theory and public law, President of the High Authority for the achievement of the objectives of the revolution, political reform and democratic transition.
- The Conference will be followed by a reception.
Wednesday 7 September 2016
Chairperson: Michaela Neulinger – Researcher at the Institute of Systematic Theology ; University of Innsbruck.
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM: “DENOUNCING RELIGIOUS MANIPULATIONS IN GEOPOLITICAL CONFLICTS”
Speaker: Georges Corm – Professor at the Institute of Political Science; Saint Joseph University, Beirut.
Discussant: Ali Mostfa – Professor of Arab-Muslim World and Intercultural representations; Lyon Catholic University.
- 11:00 – 11:30 AM: “EUROPE AND THE NEAR EAST CONFLICT”
Speaker: Jaume Flaquer – Jesuit, head of the theological section “Christianity and Justice”. Professor of interreligious dialogue at the Faculty of Theology of Catalunya.
- 11:30 – 12:00 PM: “THE NEO-SALAFI GALAXY: AN APOLITICAL TROMPE L’OEIL”
Speaker: Haoues Seniguer – Professor of political science at Lyon Sciences Po.
- 12:30-2:00 PM: Lunch
Thursday 8 September 2016
Chairperson: Mehdi Azaiez – Professor of islamic studies ; Catholic University of Leuven.
- 9:00 – 10:15 AM: “GOD OF MERCY AND VENGEANCE”
Speaker: Gabriel Said Reynolds – Professor of Islamic Studies and Theology; University Notre Dame, USA
Discussant: Emmanuel Pisani – Director of the Institute of Science and Theology of Religions; Paris Catholic Institute.
- 10h45 – 11h15 AM: “TOWARDS AN ISLAMIC DIALOGICAL AND A-CONTROVERSIAL THEOLOGY”
Speaker: Adnane Mokrani – Tunisian Muslim theologian, associate professor at the Pontifical Institute for Arab and Islamic Studies, Rome.
- 11:15 – 11:45 PM: “FROM APOLOGY TO DIALOGUE WITH THE OTHER IN ISLAMIC SHIITE STUDIES – THE CASE OF MUHAMMAD JAWAD AL-BALAGHI”
Speaker: Mohammad Zaraket – Lebanese Shiite Muslim Theologian, Professor at Saint Joseph University, Beirut.
- 11:45 – 12:15 PM: “FOR A SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY OF CHRISTIAN-MUSLIM DIALOGUE”
Speaker: Michel Younès – Professor of Theology, Director of the Research Centre for Cultural and Religious Studies and PLURIEL coordinator; Lyon Catholic University.
- 12:40 – 2:00 PM: Lunch
Friday 9 September 2016
Chairperson: Roula Talhouk – Director of the “Centre de documentation et de recherches islamo-chrétiennes” ; Saint Joseph University.
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM: “FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IN ISLAM , THE CASE OF BLASPHEMY”
Speaker: Hamadi Redissi – Professor of political science; Tunis Al Manar University.
Discussant: Leïla Babès – Professor of sociology of religion and Islamic studies; Lille Catholic University.
- 11:00 – 11:30 AM: “THE EUROPEAN LIBERAL ISLAM: PERSPECTIVE, DEAR AND FAILURE?”
Speaker : Nasser Suleiman Gabryel – Lecturer at the School of Advanced Social Science Studies (EHESS), Paris.
- 11:30 – 12:00 PM: “ARE ISLAMS OF EUROPE BECOMING EUROPEAN? CHARACTERISTICS, PERCEPTIONS, TENDENCIES AND TRANSFORMATIONS”
Intervenant : Stefano Allievi – Director of the master course on islam in Europe, professor of sociology; University of Padua.
- 12:30 PM: Closing Speech