This search uses Ha:Lit – the new Discovery-System of the University and State Library Saxony-Anhalt in cooperation with EBSCO.
The application deadline for the workshop on “Digital Media, Islamism, and Politics in the Middle East” was extended until August 6, 2018. The workshop is aimed at doctoral students and will be held from 28-29. September 2018 in Basel.
- 16. July - 18. July at University of Oxford, Oriental Institute
- 16. July - 22. July at University of Seville
- 5. September - 7. September at University of Warsaw
- 13. September - 14. September at University of Edinburgh
- 19. September - 21. September at Universität Bamberg, Institut für Orientalistik
- 21. September - 22. September at The German Development Institute (DIE)
The critical edition of “Ākām al-marjān” by Badr al-Dīn al-Shiblī is now available on our open access repository MENAdoc. This is a born-digital version with full text in Arabic and English. The book was published by the Orient Institut Beirut together with the Klaus Schwarz Verlag in 2017. Continue reading
The Orient-Institut Beirut (OIB) offers a position for a scientific assistant at the earliest from 1 October 2018.
The position is full-time but limited to three years. An extension of up to two years is possible. Place of employment is Beirut. Application deadline is 31 July 2018.
Die “Grammatik der türkischen Sprache” (Grammar of the Turkish language) by Ludwig Peters, 1947 is now available at our open access repository MENAdoc. Continue reading