The Title Tuḥfat al-aṭfāl : (az lisān-i ʿarabī ba-zabān-i fārsī) is now available Open Access on MENAdoc.
The İlmi Etüdler Derneği is holding the ‘International Tashkubrīzādah Symposium‘ from 18-20 November 2016. The Call for Papers is open until 31 August 2016. The programme will be added as soon as it is available.
- Tashkubrīzādah’s World: Ottoman Intellectual Life in the Sixteenth Century and Its Sources
- Tashkubrīzādah’s Geography: Intersecting Intellectual Paths of Transoxania, Khorasan, and the Lands of Rūm
- Tashkubrīzādah’s Universe: Cosmology, Causality and the God-World Relationship
- Mind, Knowledge and Existence: Tashkubrīzādah’s Understanding of the Existence in the Mind
- Language and Meaning: Sciences and Philosophy of Language in Tashkubrīzādah.
- Tashkubrīzādah and the Tradition of Kalām
- Writing History of Sciences: Miftāḥ al-sa‘āda and Historiography of Sciences
- Tradition of the Classification of Sciences and Tashkubrīzādah
- Tradition of the Linguistic Sciences and Tashkubrīzādah
- Practical Sciences and Ethics in Tashkubrīzādah
- Tradition of Writing Islamic Bio-bibliography and Tashkubrīzādah
Volume 6 of Istanbuler Texte und Studien, ‘Autobiographical themes in Turkish literature : theoretical and comparative perspectives‘, ed. by Olcay Akyıldız, Halim Kara and Börte Sagaster is now available Open Access on MENAdoc.
The Aga Khan University London is holding a conference on ‘Media in Muslim Contexts: Inventing and Re-inventing Identities‘ from 3-4 November 2016. The Call for Papers is open until 31 July 2016. The programme will be added as soon as it is available.
Core themes are:
- Media and the Invention of History
- Media as Vehicles of Resistance
- Iconoclasm and the Image Wars
- The Power of Satire
The reprint of Beiruter Texte und Studien vol. 7 ‘Traditionistische Polemik gegen ʿAmr B. ʿUbaid : zu einem Text des ʿAlī b. ʿUmar ad-Dāraqutnī‘ by Josef van Ess is now available Open Access on MENAdoc.
Beiruter Texte und Studien vol. 100, ‘Results of contemporary research on the Qurʾān : the question of a historio-critical text of the Qurʾān‘, ed. by Manfred S. Kropp, is now available as Open Access on MENAdoc.
Beiruter Texte und Studien vol. 80, “East is East and West is West”? : talks on dialogue in Beirut ed. by Leslie Tramontini is now available as Open Access on MENAdoc.